- Universities are in complete control over what data is shared and with whom, with the sole exception of:
- Students may opt to share their information (badging, received, peer feedback results, etc.) at their discretion
Feedback Loop and FERPA
Feedback Loop is designed to support full compliance of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). In the United States, FERPA protects student data. FERPA grants schools the use of cloud-based technologies, like Feedback Loop, to host student infromation and data provided the data remains under the control of the University.
Student data in Feedback Loop is not shared with any party without student consent unless a University faculty or staff, with the appropriate permission level.
For more information on Cloud Computing and FERPA, review the US Department of Education's Cloud Computing FAQ section.
The Data we collect
Student Data: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Single Sign On (SSO ID) and a unique Learning Management System (LMS) user identifer may be collected to making student engagement with Feedback Loop possible (and as seamless as possible with the LMS).
Team Data: Students can be placed into teams, either in Feedback Loop or via LMS team import, for the purpose of peer review. Student performance among this team is information that is only visible to instructor level (or above) users.
Usage Data: When Users visit Feedback Loop, we log and store their IP address and information about their visit. This IP address can be used to determine Users’ general location.
Tip: manage your email communications from Feedback Loop in your account preferences. Or, click “Manage preferences” in the footer of any email notification.
How this Data is used
Feedback Loop is used by Colleges and Universities to collect and report on Peer Feedback among student teams. Uses for Data collected in this activity:
- For Faculty and Staff identification of Student performance, individually and relative to their team and other teams within a course
- Identifying Students who may need additional support
- Providing a report for Students to view about their own performance.
Feedback Loop, its website and its app are not directed toward children. Accordingly, Feedback Loop does not knowingly collect or maintain on its Site personallity idenfiable information from children 13 years old or younger (a “Child”). If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Student Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us here. If Feedback Loopbecomes aware that a Child has provided us with Student Personal Information, it will be deleted from our files. We require that minors obtain permission from a parent or guardian before utilizing the Site or Services.
GDPR: Additional Rights of Individual Users
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are an individual in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Student Personal Information and Student Data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the Student Personal Information or Student Data we hold about you as a Student User;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct Student Personal Information or Student Data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the Student Personal Information or Student Data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing Student Personal Information or Student Data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your Student Personal Information or Student Data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – that is a right for you to object to us processing your Student Personal Information or Student Data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling – that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision-making.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. You can see a lot more information on them, if you are interested, on the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Student Personal Information or Student Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in those circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Student Personal Information or Student Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Student Personal Information or Student Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us first.
California Privacy Rights
- To request deletion of personal information,
- Know about personal information collected, disclosed or sold,
- Opt-out of the sale of personal information, and
- To be treated without discrimination should you exercise these rights.
For Feedback Loop users and getfeedbackloop.com Site visitors, a session cookie is used to recognize Users as logged in (and to make it easier for returning visitors).
This Policy may be updated from time to time. Changes will be posted to this page.
Why Feedback Loop?
We provide amazing, dead simple to use 360 peer feedback right inside of LMS.
Click here to see how Feedback Loop works or get in touch with the button below.
Learn more about
See how easy it is to implement Feedback Loop in your courses for amazing, easy to use peer feedback built right into your Learning Mangement System!